Here a procedure to reach the goal written in the title. This can be useful when you have an instance you want to make it reachable from other computers.
The first procedure is:
- Run SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- Go to SQL Server Network Configuration > Protocols for SQLEXPRESS (or the instance you want to share).
- Make sure TCP/IP is enabled.
- Right-click on TCP/IP and select Properties.
- Verify that, under IP2, the IP Address is set to the computer’s IP address on the local subnet.
- Scroll down to IPAll.
- Make sure that TCP Dynamic Ports is blank. (Mine was set to some 5-digit port number.)
- Make sure that TCP Port is set to 1433. (Mine was blank.)
Finally, it is a good practice also enable and start the SQL Server Browser service.
END! Quite simple! 🙂